Riot Games Southeast Asia announced its 2021 esports and collegiate esports plans for VALORANT. The company will be partnering with seven organizations to roll out an official competitive structure across SEA, Taiwan, and Hong Kong. Selected esports partners will organize exclusive tournaments, which will form the core of the VALORANT esports ecosystem in SEA. Collegiate partners will work with the colleges and universities in the region to build up a series of tournaments for students. .
The seven partners are as follows:
- Mineski Philippines for Philippines Esports
- Mineski Philippines and AcadArena as two separate organizers for Philippines Collegiate
- The Gaming Company for Malaysia Esports and Collegiate, and Singapore Esports
- Professional Gamers League and Eliphant for Singapore Collegiate
- Talon for Hong Kong Esports and Collegiate, and Taiwan Esports
- Taiwan Mobile and TeSL for Taiwan Collegiate
- ESL for Thailand Esports and Collegiate
- ONE Up for Indonesia Esports and Collegiate
These partners will also run the official SEA qualifiers for the first official Riot sanctioned VALORANT event – First Strike, which was announced earlier in September. Registrations for Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore have already opened while the same for Hong Kong and Indonesia will begin in November.
Shounak Sengupta is a staff writer for AFK Gaming.