Peplum, a western fashion concept, is slowly penetrating the Indian fashion industry. It brought with it an amalgamation of style and pattern that only made ethnic wear in the country more customizable. The trend began with peplum shirts, tops and blouses, and went on to make traditional lehengas and Kurtas indo-western. In no time, there was a boom in peplum bridal wear and more and more millennial brides depended on hand-picked peplum bridal wear for their wedding.
We looked at Pinterest for inspiration (like always), and here are 10 over-the-top, gorgeous lehengas, kurtas and anarkalis in peplum style.
1) Beige golden embroidered peplum style Anarkali is perfect for a classy Indian function, like a chic Diwali party, a reception or cocktail party.
2) Pastel peach heavily embroidered peplum lehenga with white sutta work. For a woman who doesn’t believe in ‘less is more’.
3) This real bride looks out-of-the-world in her gold wedding outfit. A long, peplum top paired with an intricately designed lehenga, to give your wedding outfit a touch of wholesomeness.
4) Most peplum-styled bridal wear is typically seen in Pakistani bridal fashion, and here’s probably the best example of the same. Isn’t this bridal look so unbelievably gorgeous?!
5) The four-piece bridal Ronaq Jahan lehenga is yet another example of how gorgeously decked a Pakistani bridal lehenga can be.
6) Khushi Kapoor attended a Bali wedding in this romantic, chic pale pink peplum sharara set, and we can’t help but drool over her outfit.
7) If you’re a bride who simply can’t decide between pastel newness and traditional red for your D-day, here’s what we suggest for you!
8) If you’re a minimalistic bride looking for a simple but elegant Indo-western outfit, here’s your pick! You can dorn it and steal the show at any informal roka, engagement or cocktail party.
9) A haldi/ mehendi outfit suggestion for the bride who loves to play dress up in peplum.
10) This fuschia printed, hand embroidered peplum top with printed Chanderi lehenga is worth gushing over this wedding season!
Although you can find these styles across brands and designers, The Wedding Brigade Shop has some fantastic selections for you.
The Pink Gold Peplum Kurta Set has a peplum Kalidar kurta with a flared skirt with gota detailing.
Price: INR 3,470 (was INR 3,850)
The Olive Green Anaya Suit Set with gold printed motifs is a sober pick. The necklines are highlighted with bijiya and peplum sleeves.
Price: INR 2,908 (was INR 3,560)
The Gold Peplum Kurta Palazzo Set comes as a sequined peplum kurta and flared palazzo and dupatta.
Price: INR 10,928 (was INR 12,143)
Price: INR 2,777 (was INR 3,075)
The Blue Peplum Short Kurta Sharara Set with Bandhni dupatta is an elegant pick for a minimalistic Indian woman.
Price: INR 3,649 (was INR 4,049)
If you’re looking for a traditional look with a touch of unconvention, you could possibly never go wrong with peplum style. There’s a lot more that you can explore at The Wedding Brigade Shop, and we suggest you do! We’d come up with more such detailed write-ups and inspirations on trending styles and patterns, so you never miss out on anything.